When selecting a contractor to install your landscape it is important to make sure they are a qualified or experienced professional.
The best way to ensure this is to use a reputable company or a member of a professional body. Many landscape contractors and companies are capable of doing most if not all of the work and offer comprehensive services.
For some parts of a project you may need specialists, e.g., stonemasons, brick or block layer lawn and turf installers, irrigation installers, etc. Your Landscape Architect or Designer will be able to find and advise on the right person for the job.
Tips for choosing a contractor:
• Check that they have the professional skills you are looking for
• Ask to see a portfolio of previous work. Look for quality and detail
• Compare several contractors
• If you are having a large-scale project installed, ask to visit a completed project
• Talk to previous clients and get testimonials
• Ask your friends and acquaintances for recommendations• Remember that cheapest is not necessarily best
• Remember many landscape professionals are self-employed or work in a small business. Being paid on time is critical to their survival.